Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday's Five

Didn't get to write that post on toys and collectibles, but it's coming, I promise, as well as some Smallville talk, since the show made it's very anti-climactic return last night. For now though,

Five Favorite TV Shows Based on Comic Strips

Yeah, it's not a big list, so narrowing down to "Five Favorite" isn't a huge chore, but it's bigger than you'd think once you start looking at them all.

5. Garfield and Friends

I remember this show being one of my favorites as a kid, and when the DVDs hit I picked them up and was surprised how well they held up. The humor is mostly juvenile, but with Garfield that's what you get.

4. Dilbert

This is a show I loved based on a strip I never understood.

3. The Boondocks

The amazing thing about this show was how it was able to step outside the strip and establish its own identity. The strip took on culture, the show took down culture.

2. The Peanuts

Better than any other show ever adapted from...anything, this one captures the source material. These characters very much stepped off the page and onto the screen. And they're perfect.

1. The Addams Family

I did say it was a favorite list, and this one is my favorite. The show was so far ahead of its time (they were the first family to have a computer on TV) that I'm amazed it lasted as long as it did. It's hilarious, and I'm ashamed it took me so long to find out how wonderfult it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment